The WiSentry - Wireless Access Point Detection
System is a software only
solution that quickly and easily deploys to your WIRED network infrastructure
and protects the most valuable corporate asset - the WIRED NETWORK -
from unauthorized AP intrusions.
eliminates the ineffective and inefficient practice of walking around a building/campus continuously
scanning the 802.11 radio spectrum, searching for unregistered AP hardware.
WiSentry continually enforces the corporate 'No
Wireless' policies and reports on any variance from authorized
deployments in real time.
WiSentry provides IT operations with a
real-time display of all AP's that are attached to the corporate
WIRED networks...whether they are authorized or rogue.
Unlike other solutions that are wireless-based,
WiSentry is installed on the wired side of the corporate LAN, and unsecured
Wireless AP's are detected immediately, allowing network administrators
to identify and remove these devices before network security is compromised.
WiSentry is a scalable architecture that offers 100%
coverage of your network. No 802.11 analysis or scanning hardware is required to
detect Rogue AP's.
- 24 x 7 Rogue AP detection from the WIRED networks
- NEW! VLAN Mode - optimized to VLAN topologies
- Detects both low end and high end access points, such as Linksys, D-Link,
Microsoft, SMS, Cisco and Symbol
- Software only solution (runs on standard PC hardware)
- Centralized monitoring of AP's from multiple locations
- Easy to read, color-coded displays showing detailed information such as
AP vendor name, model, port the access point is connected to,
percentage of probability the device is an access point, Media Access Control
(MAC) address, IP address, and timestamp of last network activity from the
- User-definable alerts and reporting
- Supports the detection of Rogue Ap'S for non-wireless and
wireless networks without patrolling the premises with a wireless handheld 'sniffer'
- No need to deploy and manage expensive/complex
wireless-based hardware to detect AP's
- Protects the corporate network 24x7 from the inside against unauthorized
AP's that can bypass all security policies/provisions
- Complements existing wireless security standards, such as WEP, 802.1x and
WPA, to provide another layer of defense
WiSentry - Wireless Access Point Detection System Core Components
WiSentry Control Server
The Control Server identifies and stores information on
Wireless AP's. It manages all WiSentry Agents that monitor
the wired LAN for Rogue AP's
Located on the wired side of the corporate LAN, Agents monitor and probe the network to
identify and profile Wireless AP's. Agents are 'software sensors' and
operate as Windows Services.
WiSentry Administrator Console
The Administrator Console provides a centralized view of all Wireless AP
activity on the network in real time. The Console provides information such as date and time a
Wireless AP is detected; displays the MAC and IP address of the
device; and provides vendor and model information of the identified AP. In addition, you will be able to
determine the specific location of the AP, allowing you to quickly react to disable the
Download Product Profile (right-click, Save As...best for